Victoria Smith is Michael Smith's (Smudge) other half, who was an MEM who served on HMS Superb and other boats (he was a boxer and from Warrington). He sadly crossed the bar in 2000 after an accident leaving behind Victoria and their two daughters. Victoria is trying to contact lads who have worked with Smudge and knew him, to hear some of the old shennanigans we used to get up to and pass on information to her daughters about their father. If any of you remember Smudge, please drop Victoria a line. Any help would be appreciated.
- Graham Middleton I remember smudge from Tireless 93-96 ish. I was completely stunned when I heard of his passing, such a genuine guy. By that point I had been out for 4 years. The best person Victoria could contact for that period of time (tireless) is Steve Reeves, who, I believe she was in contact with at the time of his passing. I can put her in touch if she requires.
- Graham Middleton Well from my corner I can't be much help.It is 17 years since i left tireless (and last saw smudge) and my memory is not good. I do remember you and your (eldest ? ) daughter being a regular visitor to the boat whilst alongside if Smudge was duty. She ...See More
- Chris Large I remember " smudge" well. What a top guy. I was a TG tiff (MEAOW) in 92-95 and he was onboard. Use to see him a lot at lunchtime circuit training all the time where at the end he would always kick my ass on the grid sprints.. Great decent honest hard working guy.....
- Mike Wilder I remember him well. I was with him in gibraltar and i remember when he had the accident. We had many a night night out during our time there. He was one of the nicest people I ever served with. Always fun to be around. I don't ever remember him being pissed of or moody. I still think about him. He was one of the best and was greatly missed by everyone the knew him.
- Scott Johnson I served on HMS Tireless with smudge we were both ME jr's at the time. I have a fair few photos from Den Helder and other jollies. I am on a course at uni this week but will contact you pass some photos i am sure you have never seen, and get thinking of some stories. Great guy sorely missed by many.
- George Griffiths Hi Victoria Smith I don't think I served with Smudge but no doubt we have met at some time ... The Submarine Community is a very close one The Loungers as you can see Remember him and have some great memories and Photos of him which they are Very willing to share with you and your Family